If you have been part of a family business in your lifetime, you need read no further.
Call us at:(205) 945-8970
Or contact us
If not, here are some insights.
- Working with family is not always a bed of roses. Family will tell you what you might not want to hear, but need to hear.
- In a small, family business no one tells you to go home or to take a vacation. Even if they did you might not be able to do either anyway.
- If you work with your spouse all day, what do you talk about when you go home at the end of the day? Yup, the business.
- When your twin daughters are 6 you pick them up from school, bring them to the office and they label coffee bags while watching Disney videos.
- During the Christmas holiday season you work 70-80 hours a week while others are relaxing with family and friends.
- When those same daughters are 12 they hate their parents because the parents can’t attend everything other parents attend.
- When they are 18 they start to understand why we do what we do.
- When they are 20 they are competent baristas and think working at a coffeehouse is pretty cool and maybe, just maybe, their parents are a little bit cool.
- After owning this small business for 18 years I can’t think of anything I would rather have done. Disclaimer: My wife may have her own opinion.